Data Structures Final
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development Update

2 posters

Go down

Development Update Empty Development Update

Post  JBMeier Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Finished the GUI, Datagateway, Person, Customer, Employee, DVD and RentalDVD classes. I completed the input and customer search functionality used on the customer tab of the GUI. I had to make some change on the fly so the app doesn't exactly match the UML .... mostly for simplification considering our shortened deadline. I don't think we necessarily HAVE to change the UML but I wanted to make sure all were aware:

Person class: * removed "name" property and replaced with firstName, lastName. This was to simplify the search by last name functionality.
* added phone(String) and address(String) - These were being used on the customer tab but had no property associated with them.
Customer class: * Changed memberId to String so it can be used as key in HashMap (technically could be done with primitive data type but this was easier)

DataGateway: *Added a second customer Hashmap - one Hashmap uses customerId as key value, the other uses last name.
* Added a property of type Customer called currentCustomer. After performing search, displayed customer can be selected - this becomes the current customer and effectively becomes the customer used in the transaction.

GUI: * Added a "select" button to customer tab. This selects the customer currently being displayed, casts it to currentCustomer and populates the customer ID field on the Transaction tab.

Customer.txt file: I changed the properties listed. The final line used to be 1 or 0 for active or inactive. I replaced this with a string for comments. Because we have a comments field on the GUI I thought it made more sense to have something populate there when we searched for the customer. We currently have no functionality for active/inactive customer. I'm currently using a text file with two entries that I used to test with.

How the customer search works: Users can search by customer ID or by last name. If the last name field is populated, it will search by last name. If the last name filed is blank, it will search by customer ID. Error checking is pretty thin. Basically if the search fails to yield a return or if an exception is thrown for any reason the comment section displays: CUSTOMER NOT FOUND. I doubt anyone read all of this.

I handed off what I finished to Dan and he is implementing his work ... screw forking.

JBMeier

Back to top Go down

Development Update Empty Awesome

Post  hsharp063 Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks for the update Jeff. I can update the UML for tomorrow night's class.

hsharp063

Back to top Go down

Development Update Empty Need the .java files

Post  hsharp063 Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 am

I need the .java files and Darren sent me an email this morning that he would like them as well. Can whoever has them please send them out to everybody? Or upload to github?

Thanks

hsharp063

Back to top Go down

Development Update Empty Re: Development Update

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down